Update: Due to COVID-19, face to face sessions will, unfortunately, not be available until further notice. Online Skype or Zoom sessions will continue to be available for both new and ongoing couples and individuals.
I am a Relate trained relationship counsellor with many years’ experience, working with people in a variety of circumstances.
I aim to create a safe, non-blaming and positive space in which to reduce your anxieties, offer hope and practical strategies to help you move forward.
Creating a trusting and comfortable relationship between the client and the counsellor is a key element to successful therapy.
My approach is integrative, which means that I draw on a range of different counselling skills to help clients achieve the change they desire but always with sensitivity.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Relationship therapy (Psychosexual Therapy), accredited by the University of Hull
- Relate Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling (Theory and Practice)
- Advanced Certificate in Systemic Practice with Families and Couples awarded by the Institute of Family Therapy (IFT)
- Relate post qualifying training in Counselling Young People
Further specialised short training:
- Mindful sex and relationship therapy
- Gender and sexual diversity
- The Foundation for Infant Loss
- I am an accredited member of the College for Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and psychotherapy (BACP)
- I am listed on the Relate Directory of Practitioners
- I am a Foundation for Infant Loss accredited member (FFIL)
- I have Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau clearance (DBS)
- I adhere to the COSRT and BACP strict Codes of Ethics and Practice
- I undertake regular training as part of my Continuing Professional Development
- I attend monthly supervisions to maintain professional standards of therapy.